why do we say sallallahu alaihi wasallam? Prayers upon the Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah, sallallahu alaihi wasallam, is one of the obligatory acts of worship for Muslims according to the Qur’anic verse:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا ٥٦
And what is meant by sending blessings upon the Prophet is the glorification of the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad, by Muslims in this world, by exalting his remembrance, manifesting his reward, and his intercession for his nation.
In addition to his safety from every shortcoming, and supplication for the multiplication of his reward, just as the prayer of a Muslim upon the Prophet by the recitation of a prayer that has several formulas, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam.
Also, salallahu alayhi wasalam has great secrets and great gifts, which we will discuss in the following paragraphs.
what does sallallahu alaihi wasallam mean?
The meaning of the word “prayer” for Muslims varies according to the different places of its use, and all of it comes back to the origin of the language for “dua ” as mentioned in the mediated dictionary, and among these uses:
1- Prayer from Allah upon mankind: it is mercy coupled with veneration, raising their ranks, and reminding them of praise in the Highest, as in the verse.
هُوَ الَّذِي يُصَلِّي عَلَيْكُمْ وَمَلَائِكَتُهُ لِيُخْرِجَكُمْ مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَي النُّورِ وَكَانَ بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَحِيمًا ٤٣
2- The prayer of the angels on the believers: it is a request for forgiveness and supplication for them with Allah.
3- The prayer of the believers upon the believers: a supplication also as in the verse.
خُذْ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ صَدَقَةً تُطَهِّرُهُمْ وَتُزَكِّيهِمْ بِهَا وَصَلِّ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ صَلَاتَكَ سَكَنٌ لَهُمْ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ ١٠٣
4- Prayer from human beings to Allah: the specific worship whose time limits are indicated in Islamic Sharia as in the verse.
فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْ ٢
5- Al-Izz bin Abd al-Salam said: “Our prayer upon the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, is not an intercession from us for him, for the like of us does not intercede for the like of him.
So that our prayers upon him will be a reward for his kindness to us, and his favor to us, as there is no better than his benevolence salallahu alayhi wasalam, and the benefit of praying upon him goes back to the one who prays for him.
6- Abu Al-Aliyah said: “Allah prayers are upon his Prophet, his praise be upon him with his angels, and the prayers of the angels upon him is supplication.”.
7- Ibn Hajar said in his book Al-Jawhar Al-Mutazim The Meaning of Prayer and Peace: “Prayer from Allah Almighty is mercy coupled with veneration, and from angels and humans asking for that and asking for it, salallahu alayhi wasalam”.
how to write sallallahu alaihi wasallam in Arabic in word?
Whenever we write the Messenger of Allah, we all follow it with sallallahu alaihi wasallam as he commanded us,
But there is a common mistake when writing sallallahu alaihi wasallam in Arabic“اللهم صلى على محمد”, but it is correct to write”اللهم صل على محمد”
Because the past participle of the verb is (صلى) and it ends with alif, and alif is a vowel, and the grammar rule says:
The other defective verb is built on the deletion of the vowel.
So when doing the command from it (what is meant by the command here is supplication), the vowel must be deleted.
sallallahu alaihi wasallam benefits
Salallahu alayhi wasalam has great benefits, among which are the following:
- sallallahu alaihi wasallam: obedience to Allah Almighty and complying with His commands for His saying, Most High:
(إِنَّ اللَّـهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا)
- sallallahu alaihi wasallam: an indication of the reverence of the Prophet, an increase in his love.
This is because Allah Almighty says:(لِّتُؤْمِنُوا بِاللَّـهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَتُعَزِّرُوهُ وَتُوَقِّرُوهُ وَتُسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا)The meaning of reverence for the Prophet is his honor, honor and glorification, and prayer for him is one of the greatest forms of reverence and honor for him.
- sallallahu alayhi wa sallam: a reason for prayers to be answered and sins to be forgiven: the Muslim must take the reasons for responding, and one of the greatest of these reasons is to start with praise of Allah, then to pray for the Prophet, and it is a reason for forgiveness of sins, and getting rid of worries.
- sallallahu alayhi wa sallam: a sign of faith For the hadith of the Prophet: (None of you believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his son, and all people), and absolute love for the Prophet is by following him in all that he commands, and keeping away from him from such matters.
- Many hadiths have shown the greatness of the relationship between the Prophet and the one who prays for him because the blessings of the Prophet reach the Messenger of Allah.
May Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, because the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: This hadith is what motivates the Muslims to pray a lot on the Prophet, especially on Friday.
- sallallahu alayhi wa sallam: a reason to be close to the Prophet and to return the favor to him because he, peace and blessings be upon him, said: (The people who are most worthy of me on the Day of Resurrection will be the ones who will pray the most on me).
and as a return of favor to the Prophet, and one of his rights over his ummah in return for the great good that he offered them.
- Also, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam is a reason for the supplication to be answered when the supplication is concluded with it.
- sallallahu alayhi wa sallam: a reason for obtaining the intercession of the Prophet on the Day of Resurrection, especially if it is combined with the question of the means to him.
And the soul is purified and purified, and the one who prays for the Prophet obtains blessing in his work, and mercy from Allah, and negates heartbreak and regret from the gathering in which he prays for the Prophet.
in conclusion, Allah Almighty, in His Glorious Book, commanded His faithful servants to pray upon His Prophet and his chosen one, Muhammad, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him”sallallahu alayhi wa sallam“, in his saying :
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيماً.
And there have been many hadiths about the virtue of sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, including what was included by Muslims.
Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi on the authority of Abu Huraira, may God be pleased with him, who said: The Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: Whoever prays for me one, may Allah bless him ten times.
And Ahmad narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah on the authority of the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, that he said: “Pray for me, for it is a zakat for you, and ask for the means for me from Paradise.”
let your children learn accurate best Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.