Tajweed rules are the science that shows the rulings and rules that must be adhered to when reciting the Noble Qur’an according to what the Muslims received from the Messenger Mohamed.
By giving each letter its right, a way out, a description, and a movement, without pretension or arbitrariness, as rules of tajweed also include many aspects, which we will learn about through the paragraphs of our article.
what are the tajweed rules?
The rules of tajweed are the mastery of reciting the Qur’an, in the form that Allah revealed to His Noble Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
As quran tajweed rules in the language is the mastery of a thing, and they are linguistic rulings developed by scholars of the Qur’an, Sharia, and language in order to be learned by every Muslim keen to recite the Qur’an well.
Moreover, reciting according to these rulings is one of the most important things that help us to recite and not sin which can happen in the case of improper reading of the Qur’an and changing the meaning during recitation.
how many tajweed rules are there?
The tajweed rules of the Quran have many aspects that every Muslim who wishes to recite the Quran must learn, and these rules we will learn about through the following points in detail:
1- Rulings on nun sakina and tanween
These rulings, in turn, are divided into many aspects that appear in the reading of the Qur’an and through the letters that are pronounced in the various verses of the Qur’an, and these aspects are:
- Izhar: It is what is known as the statement of the letter and its pronunciation is apparent and not hidden, and the letter is taken out from its correct exit without ghunnah.
Where the nun or tanween must be shown when meeting, with one of the following letters: “hamza, kha, ha’a, ha’, ain, and ghain.”, such as Allah saying:
.”وَهُمْ يَنْهَوْنَ عَنْهُ وَيَنْأَوْنَ عَنْهُ”
- As for the tanween, it does not meet the letters of manifestation except in two separate words, such as the saying of Allah:
“آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ رَبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ”.
- Idgham: The meaning of Idgham is the insertion of a thing into a thing or the meeting of the consonant letter with the vowel letter, so they become one letter that has intensity.
- Al-Iqlab: The meaning of that in the rules of intonation is the transformation of a thing in a way other than its original face, and here we find it, for example, in inverting a letter in place of a letter, taking into account the sound of ghana.
- Ikhfaa: As for ikhfaa, it is the last intonation rulings related to the consonant nun and the tanween, and the word ikhfaa is to conceal, as for what is between slurring and uttering, with the sound of ghunna remaining, and it is done with the rest of the letters in the sentences.
2- The strict provisions of the meem and the nun
It is one of the easy rulings in the science of Tajweed, as it is related to the aggravated pronunciation of the meem or the nun, the movement is the amount of the two movements and the time required to hold the finger and open it, such as the letters ghunna.
As for the rulings of the static meme, they are carried out through three rulings, which are:
- Ikhfaa: that is, by concealing the static meme from its meeting with the letter ‘ba’, such as the Almighty’s saying:
“يَوْمَ هُم بَارِزُونَ ۖ لَا يَخْفَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ مِنْهُمْ شَيْءٌ “
This ruling is called by the scholars of Tajweed oral ikhfaa because its letters come out of the lip.
- Idgham: It is the idgham of the static meem when it meets the letter mem, and this is in my case if the meem is original or reversed from the static nun and tanween, such as the Almighty’s saying:
“هُوَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ لَكُم مَّا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا”
- Izhar: where the static meem must be shown when it meets all the letters, with the exception of the letters meem and baa.
3- The provisions of the madd in recitation
- Natural madd: It is the madd for which there is no cause and does not remain a waqf without a waqf, or what proves a connection without a waqf, including what proves a connection and a waqf.
- Sub-madd: It is the madd, which in turn is divided into two types, and it is the sub-madd that takes place because of the hamz, which is the badal and similar to the badal.
Through its completion by changing the second hamza to the letter madd, the genus of the first hamza, in the event that the first hamza is consonant and the second is vowel like the word (ءَاتَواْ)
This differs from the similar to the badal, which results from the letter madd occurring after the hamz, and it is worth noting that the badal and the similar to the badal extend by two movements.
How can I learn Quran with Tajweed at home?
The interest in the science of Tajweed is in fact an interest in the Noble Qur’an and keenness to perform it in the correct manner mentioned.
By the Messenger – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him, and to learn tajweed rules online you can use several methods, including:
- Learn the tajweed rules with a skilled teacher, and read in front of him.
- Read books to teach recitation of the Noble Qur’an.
- Listen to the Noble Qur’an Radio, and listen to the reciters who have mastered the rules of tajweed.
- Using the Tajweed Qur’an when reading; Where the quran tajweed rules are colored, makes it easier for the reader to apply them.
Can I memorize Quran without Tajweed?
Some of the people of knowledge said that the tajweed rules of the quran are different, as we find from them what is obligatory to learn and what is desirable to learn.
And the duty of the science of Tajweed is that the Muslim learns the correct vowels, so it is not permissible for a Muslim to read the Qur’an without knowledge of the tajweed rules.
Based on this saying, whoever learns the rules of tajweed and does not apply the obligatory ones when reading the Qur’an with them is considered a sinner, and whoever limits himself to what is required of them is not considered a sinner.
From here, we conclude, that memorizing the Qur’an without learning the obligatory rules of tajweed is not permissible. As It is not permissible to memorize the Qur’an without knowing the rulings on the letters, how the letters are pronounced, and the exact output of each letter.
Learn Quran Online with us under professional qualified professional Quran teachers, We follow the latest teaching methods available to make learning through the Internet easier with the best online Quran classes free and more useful than any time before, as well as competitive price classes, and you can get a free trial of online Quran classes for your satisfaction before making any payment.
let your children learn accurate best Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Tajweed rules Chart
The science of Tajweed is divided into two parts:
1-The practical Tajweed: It is the reading and recitation of the Noble Qur’an as it was revealed to the Messenger of Allah – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him -, as the Messenger – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – was the first to put it down because he was a messenger of Allah – the Highest.
It should be noted that the importance of practical Tajweed appears in the fact that it is a reason for controlling the performance of the reader, and for an accurate understanding of the matters of recitation.
Especially since limiting reading from books on the science of Tajweed does not achieve the desired proficiency in reciting the Holy Qur’an unless this is accompanied by receiving it from the master teacher.
2- Theoretical scientific Tajweed: It is the knowledge of the rules and rulings related to reading the Noble Qur’an, as the source from which the theoretical material was formulated is the practical intonation, and as for its ruling for the general public, it is recommended, and for the elite among them who are the ones who deliberately reciting and reading the Qur’an.
Finally, tajweed rules are the science that investigates the ways of pronouncing the letters and taking care of their exits and qualities, and the rulings that are presented to them and related to that.
As rules of tajweed aim to avoid mistakes and pitfalls, moreover the tajweed rules include the rules of the silent nun and the tanween, the rules of the silent meme, In addition to many other tajweed rules of the Quran, which we mentioned in detail through the paragraphs of our article.