Shahada in islam is the key to Islam, so no one enters the religion of Allah without it, and the one who enters Allah’s religion must pronounce shadada, because a shaheed in islam is the greatest symbol of Islam.
And whoever wants to enter Islam must pronounce shahada islam; Because it is not valid for a person to become Muslim simply by believing their meaning without uttering them, unless there is an impediment to prevent it.
Hence, we will discuss with you, dear readers, one of the pillars of Islam, which is the shadada, so let us learn about its meaning and importance in the Islamic religion through our next paragraphs.
what does shahada mean in islam?
The meaning of shahada in islam: to testify with his tongue and with his heart that there is no true deity but Allah, testify with his tongue and believe in his heart that there is no god but Allah, meaning:
there is no true deity but Allah, and what people worship besides Allah are idols, dead, trees, or stones Or angels or others, all of it is false, as the Almighty said:
ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّ مَا يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِهِ هُوَ الْبَاطِلُ”
This is the meaning of لا إله إلا الله, to testify with knowledge, certainty, and truthfulness that there is no true deity but Allah and that what people worship besides Allah is all false.
And the meaning of (محمداً رسول الله) is to testify with knowledge and certainty, and it is true that Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abd al-Muttalib is truly the Messenger of Allah to all the weighty ones, their paradise and their people.
And that he is the seal of the prophets after whom there are no prophets, peace, and blessings be upon him.
how to take shahada in Islam?
A shaheed in islam does not benefit the one who says it and does not protect him from the punishment of Allah except with seven conditions.
- First: Knowing its meaning: negation and affirmation, so whoever utters it without understanding what it indicates, and without believing in the Oneness of Allah in His divinity and in all kinds of worship – it does not benefit him.
- The second: is a certainty which excludes doubt.
- The third: Sincerity which negates polytheism, and the sign of that is: He does not make between himself and Allah an intermediary, giving it any of the rights of Allah Almighty.
- Fourth: Honesty that prevents hypocrisy. Whoever professes Islam while embracing disbelief does not benefit in the Hereafter by his uttering the two testimonies, nor by what he manifests of good deeds, rather he is in the lowest level of Hellfire.
- Fifth: Love for this word, and what it signifies, and pleasure in that.
- Sixth: submission to its rights, which are: the obligatory acts of devotion to Allah and seeking His pleasure.
- Seventh: Acceptance that negates the response, for someone who knows it may say it, but it is not accepted by the one who called him to it. Intolerance and arrogance, as has happened to many people.
As for what protects blood and money, the texts of the Noble Qur’an and Sunnah indicate it. Among that is his saying, may Allah prayers and peace be upon him:
((Whoever says: There is no god but Allah and disbelieves in what is worship besides Allah, his money and blood will be denied)).
It was narrated by Muslims on the authority of Malik Al-Ashja’i, and Ahmad also narrated it.
how many shahada in Islam?
The sentence of the shahada islam “شهادة أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمداً رسول الله” is divided into two parts, the first part, which is “لا إله إلا الله” meaning an acknowledgment of the oneness and lordship of Allah Almighty.
And the second part, “وأن محمداً رسول الله” is an acknowledgment of the Prophet’s message, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him.
how to give shahada in Islam?
The shadada is the first pillar of Islam and the gateway to faith, and by extrapolating the texts of the Qur’an and Sunnah, we find that pronouncing the two shadada with certainty in his heart is a condition for a person’s entry into the religion of Allah.
And the rulings of Muslims apply to him after they are pronounced, Allah religion, and a believer does not become a believer except by pronouncing the two shadada.
Al-Bukhari narrated from the hadith of Ibn Omar that the Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said: “I have been commanded to fight the people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”
Commenting on this hadith, Al-Nawawi said: “In it is that belief is a condition of acknowledgment of the two shadada along with their belief and belief in all that the Prophet brought.”
He also said: “The Sunnis from among the hadith scholars, jurists and theologians agreed that the believer who is judged to be from the people of the Qiblah.
And who will not abide in Hellfire, will only be one who firmly believes in the religion of Islam in his heart, free of doubts, and utters the two shadada.”
Ibn Taymiyyah said: “He who does not believe with his tongue with ability, is not called in the language of the people a believer.
As agreed upon by the predecessors of the nation among the Companions and those who followed them in goodness.”
what is the importance of shahada in Islam?
Shahada in islam and the word of monotheism: There is no god but Allah, an acknowledgment to Allah, Glory be to Him, of the deserving of worship alone without a partner, and negation of partners with Him.
And this shadada is the one that truly saves the one who says it from Hellfire and the Day of Resurrection with what he has done on the Day of Resurrection.
And whoever said it falsely, I injected his blood and preserved his money in this world for him, and his account is with Allah Almighty.
Despite that, “there is no god but Allah” is a pure remembrance of Allah for those who preserve and persevere in it, and it has great and many virtues that cannot be counted.
The virtues of a shaheed in islam “there is no god but Allah” are many, including:
- The first of the virtues of shahada islam is the innocence of polytheism, which is the word of sincerity and monotheism for which Allah created creation.
And He sent messengers and commanded them to fight the infidels for it.
So the servant will not enter Paradise without martyrdom, and no person will perpetuate in Hellfire, and he has said the shadada.
- Among the virtues of shadada is also that it is the key to entering Paradise for a Muslim slave.
Our Prophet, peace be upon him, told us that the last word he uttered before he left this world, “There is no god but Allah,” will enter Paradise.
- Among the virtues of a shaheed in islam is that whoever says it with conviction in it, his heart is reassured by it.
A worker with its meaning, his sins will be forgiven, even if they are like the foam of the sea.
- Among the virtues of shahada in islam is that it is the boundary between faith and unbelief.
Whoever says there is no god but Allah, his blood, money, and honor will be protected from waste and become a Muslim.
And he has the full rights of Muslims and his duties. As for the one who says there is no god but Allah, he is wasting blood, money, and honor.
- Shahada islam is the word of monotheism that all the prophets called from the time of Adam to our Prophet, the Seal of the Prophets, Muhammad.
This is because they are the most beloved words to Allah Almighty, as they are the balance of a servant’s faith and a summary of his belief.
- The shadada was mentioned in the books of hadith It was narrated on the authority of the Messenger of Allah Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, that he said with what it means:
that if a Muslim slave says in the morning there is no god but Allah alone, he has no partner, he has the king and his praise and he is over Everything is worthy.
Ten good deeds were written for him, ten bad deeds were forgiven, and Allah Almighty raised him ten degrees by means of them.
In the end, the shahada in islam is the basis of everything for a Muslim, so whoever utters shadada with his tongue with the certainty of it and works with its requisites, will be judged by his Islam.
Al-Ajri said: “So whoever said this with certainty from his heart speaking with his tongue, it is sufficient for him, and whoever dies on this, then to heaven.”
Worships if he acts out and these acts of worship become expiation for his sins.