One of the most important aspects of pleasing Allah is reading Quran, and it can take a long time. So long, in fact, that according to some estimates it can take a year to read the holy Quran online from cover to cover. However, this is not necessarily true for everyone.
An Overview: How Long Does It Take to Read the Quran?
There are many factors that affect how long it takes to read the Quran, such as the reader’s level of Arabic literacy, familiarity with the text, and pace. However, a rough estimate would be around 30-40 hours for a complete reading with all the necessary breaks in between that too for the expert and regular reciter.
Why it takes long to Read the Quran?
There are many factors that make it difficult for people to read the Quran. First, it is written in Arabic, which is a difficult language to learn. Second, it is difficult to read something quickly in a non-native language and since the majority of Muslims are non-Arabs it takes time to finish reading the Quran. Third, Arabic is a very diverse language that changes the meaning even with a slight difference, thus one needs to pronounce all the letters with accuracy which is not possible in hurry. That’s why it is not recommended to finish the recitation in less than three days:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said:
He who finishes the recitation of the Qur’an in less than three days does not understand it. (Abu Dawud)
How long it Should take to Read the Quran?
While seeking the answer to How Long Does It Take to Read the Quran? we should also know about the maximum time period to finish the recitation of the Quran. Many scholars suggest that the Quran reading should not exceed forty days and that a believer should recite it regularly but if someone is facing a very busy schedule then he can also read a single page daily to keep his spiritual connection with Allah. Regular recitation helps in improving the influence of reading that also helps reading in 5 times daily prayers.
Here are some tips to complete the Quran Recitation in one month.
Benefits of Reading the Quran:
Quran is the word of Allah and nothing can be more pleasant than reading His Book and maintaining a relationship with Him through Quran. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter. (Sunan At-Tirmidhi)
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the Islamic faith and practices
- Increasing spiritual awareness and connection to God
- Gaining wisdom and guidance for daily life
- Providing a sense of peace and comfort
- Helping to develop good character and moral values
- Improving one’s ability to communicate with others and express oneself effectively.
- Providing a sense of community and connection to other Muslims.
- Improving mental and emotional well-being
- Developing a stronger sense of self-discipline and self-control
- Enhancing one’s ability to focus and concentrate
- Building a stronger sense of empathy and understanding towards others.
- Enhancing the ability to understand difficult concepts and ideas -Improving the ability to think critically and analytically
- Building a strong foundation of knowledge and understanding of Islam
- Improving the ability to memorize and retain information
- Developing a greater appreciation for the beauty and poetry of the Quran
- Building a stronger sense of humility and gratitude
- Improving the ability to make informed decisions
- Developing a stronger sense of purpose and direction in life
- Building a stronger sense of connection to the divine.
Reading Quran with Difficulty:
Since not everyone can be good at pronunciation and learning other languages so Quran Recitation is not only for fluent reciters but it brings double rewards if someone faces an issue with the recitation. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur’an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards. (Bukhari)
Learn Reading Quran:
Quran Spirit is offering the best Online Quran Learning Course for Muslims across the world. Our expert teachers make sure to teach the Quran teacher with unique methods of one on one teaching sessions and generate 100% results that enable the student to become a proficient reciter and reader. Try our free session and experience the best online Quran classes.
You can also start with the basics Learn Noorani QaidaBook your free trial
Learn Quran Online with us under professional qualified professional Quran teachers, We follow the latest teaching methods available to make learning through the Internet easier with the best online Quran classes free and more useful than any time before, as well as competitive price classes, and you can get a free trial of online Quran classes for your satisfaction before making any payment.
let your children learn accurate best Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.