Every Muslim is looking for easy steps to memorize The Quran to become Hafiz/Hafiza for the book of Allah.
No doubt that Hifz Quran is an honor for every Muslim. Hifz Quran means memorization of the Quran and being able to recite Quran by heart.
All Muslims seek to memorize Quran because they believe that Allah will reward and honor whoever memorizes Quran and acts upon it. Moreover, those who memorized the Quran and became Hafiz/Hafiza of the Quran will rise in higher status in Paradise.
Let’s go through the following lines in this article about Hifz Quran/Quran memorization, and how to memorize Quran easily in few steps.
Importance of Hifz Quran Since The Beginning Of Islam
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived in the 7th century CE. At that time, few people were literate and can write and read. So Hifz Quran was the only way to deliver the Quran to the next generations, and the Huffaz (People who memorized the Quran) were highly appreciated.
The holy Quran was not collected and organized until the era of Caliph Uthman ibn Affan ( 650-656) CE. Before that, the Quran was kept in the huffaz hearts.
Throughout history and so far, Huffaz are highly respected within the Islamic communities, so they use the title (Hafiz) before their names.
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
It shall be said – meaning to the one who memorized the Qur’an – ‘Recite, and rise up, recite (melodiously) as you would recite in the world. For indeed your rank shall be at the last Ayah you recited.Narration of Al-Tirmidhi
Simple Equation to Memorize Quran
The Quran is divided into 114 chapters, which are called surahs, each surah made up of verses named ayahs and they are 6,236 verses in the whole Quran. If one memorizes 20 verses a day, he will be able to memorise the whole Quran within a year!
About Quran Memorization/Hifz Quran
Hifz Quran requires to keep the Quran in long-term memory, not to forget it, and to recall all learned verses in a perfect way.
Hifz Quran requires to keep the Quran in long-term memory, not to forget it, and to recall all learned verses in a perfect way. This needs constant practice and passion for Quran memorization.
For Muslims who are attempting to memorize Quran and are not familiar with the Arabic script, the Quran scholars have made various elucidations. So if you don’t speak Arabic, you still can get a version of Quran with a translation.
Every year, thousands of students master the Quran and complete their memorization and interpretation. Quran is the only book, religious or secular, that has been memorized completely by millions of people. For example, in Pakistan only, a million children have become Hafiz Quran every year.
Proper Age To Start Memorize Quran For Kids
The best age for children to start Hifz Quran is from the age of three when their minds start to be awake and their desire for simulation is strong.
Parents should explain the meaning of the ayahs to children in a simple way. Also, parents should encourage their kids to memorize Quran by giving them gifts when they memorize a number of verses.
Moreover, it is recommended to instill the spirit of competition between kids and their friends.
Easy Steps To Memorize Quran
- One can memorize a single verse only in a 20-minute session, so you can continue to memorize a verse every day to build up to a full Surat, and you should always do that in a quiet place.
- If you live with others, you can initiate a competition with them in reciting the Quran by heart, so you help each other to memorize Quran.
- You can record your Quran recitation and use audio these recordings to ensure that you use the proper pronunciations.
- Always start to memorize the Quran by selecting a surah that you feel a strong emotional connection to.
- You should start Hifz Quran with memorizing Al-Fatiha since every Muslim must know this Surah in order to pray.
- If this is your first surah to memorize, you better to consider looking towards the end of the Quran, Surahs at the end tend to be shorter than surahs at the beginning.
- Read each ayah carefully to understand its meaning before start memorizing it, this would help you to preserve and understand the words of Allah (SWT), and therefore, helps in Hifz Quran.
- Repeat each ayah over and over again until you internalize it, you can repeat it for 5 or 6 times while reading it.
- Revise from the beginning of the surah up to the last ayah you have memorized to make sure that you don’t forget and to commit the order of the ayahs.
- Say the ayah out loud then play a recording of the ayah with the proper tajweed, to ensure that your pronunciation, cadence, and tempo are correct.
- Don’t be worry if you don’t memorize verses on the first attempt, especially if you are not speaking Arabic.
- Make a daily schedule for Hifz Quran and stick to it.
- Recite the surah that you are memorizing, during every salah to ensure your Quran memorization.
- If you find that you are struggling, take a break for a day or two, to make it easier for you.
- During Hifz Quran, you should recite all surahs that you have memorized once every 7 days to make sure that they are fixed in your memory.
- Try to recite surahs that you have memorized while doing your everyday tasks like cleaning, walking, even during cooking, or whenever you have downtime.
- Focus on surrounding yourself with people that encourage Hifz Quran.
Become a Hafiz/Hafiza of Quran
Now, if you do all of that, you could be a Hafiz/Hafiza of Quran after one year which is an impressive feat that is widely recognized as a monumental achievement in Islam.